WRITE DOWN THESE TIPS TO WALK YOUR DOG
Walking is a necessity that any dog has every day. Don’t forget that these animals used to live in the wild before and were guided by their instincts. Therefore, today they cannot lead a sedentary life. They should not lie at home all day. They have to go out to relieve themselves and get some exercise. But, in order for these moments of departure to be beneficial for both them and you, it is worth taking into account the following tips for walking your dog.
DOGS ARE VERY CURIOUS AND WILL WANT TO CHECK EVERYTHING THAT APPEARS AS NEW, INCLUDING DECORATIVE ELEMENTS AND GIFTS.
How to teach your dog to walk?
The best way to walk your pet is to have reassured it before leaving the house, so that it does not go with anxiety or all the time pending to play and thus it can attend to the multiple stimuli with which it will find itself.
If your pet does not stop pulling or pounces, we recommend stopping the march until he relaxes, in order to resume the walk. In this way, you will educate him so that he knows how to control himself.
We recommend you to walk in a relaxed way, since you transmit your energy to your pet. Of course, always alert for possible unforeseen events.
You can alternate the walk with moments of play as a reward for his good behavior, so you will educate him positively. Together, you will have fun while learning from each other.
Wrong actions when you walk your dog
You should try to avoid the following mistakes when you walk your dog:
- First of all, don’t go down the street with a bad attitude. Your pet will notice it and the walk will be a disaster, since both of you will see your goals frustrated. Anxiety is a bad counselor.
- Also, you should not act roughly. For example, you don’t have to jerk or make sudden or inexplicable changes of direction. Your dog will be puzzled.
Finally, do not bet on the leashes or the harnesses too tight, since they will make your dog feel uncomfortable, and will go against the goal of the walk.
Learn to walk with your dog
The failures that we have mentioned above can be reversed through good practices. In order for you to educate your dog for daily walks, it is important that you dedicate time and patience. Here are some recommendations so that together you can learn:
- Dogs are animals that value their routines very positively. In this sense, they will appreciate a schedule of their outings to the street that is fulfilled. We recommend three outings, which, between them, add between one and two hours of walking, for the well-being of your pet. First thing in the morning, at noon and at night. If you follow this agenda, your dog will be more predisposed to walk with desire.
- Take it on paths that you already know and little by little you can explore new paths. On the other hand, learn to walk your dog by giving it short and non-contradictory orders.
- Don’t hold back if, for example, you want to smell some urine. That behavior is still part of his instinct. So let her socializes and explores new things as long as they are safe.
- Do not over-tighten the collar or harness (with a couple of toes of slack) and guide it gently.
- Remember that on walks your pet is also exposed to parasites. So to prevent them and to be protected inside and out, ask your vet for Double Monthly Protection. Also, you will get a gift just for asking.
The best way to walk your pet
It is important that you plan outings with your pet and enjoy the moment. With patience and practice you will make the walks as pleasant and entertaining.