German Shepherds are a beautiful breed of dog. They have the perfect balance of intelligence, loyalty, and playfulness to make them one of the best companion animals you can adopt.
It’s no wonder that so many people are interested in owning a dog from this breed. However, with so many German Shepherd breeders near you, it is hard to find just the right breeder for your new pup. Below are some of the characteristics of this breed you need to get acquainted with.
About German Shepherd breed
The German Shepherd is a large, muscular dog that was originally bred to herd sheep in Germany. They are intelligent and obedient dogs trained for many different jobs, such as search and rescue or police work. GSDs make excellent companions because they are loyal and loving to their family.
If you have kids, this is an excellent choice because German Shepherds are very patient with children. Plus, they’ll keep them safe when playing outside or if there’s an emergency at home.
The average lifespan of the German Shepherd breed is 10-12 years. However, some dogs may live as long as 15-16 years. If your dog has been diagnosed with an illness or condition that could shorten its life expectancy.
German Shepherds are often used in police work and search and rescue because they have a strong sense of smell and hearing, making them excellent at tracking down people or objects. They also have a very high pain tolerance which allows them to continue working even when injured.
They can be challenging to train due to their stubbornness and intelligence. The best way to train a German Shepherd is by using positive reinforcement techniques like clicker training and rewards-based methods rather than punishment-based ones such as leash corrections or alpha rolls.
These methods are much more effective at creating an obedient pet who doesn’t fear their owner because they’re not afraid of being punished for making mistakes in the first place.
Here are few tips on how you can take care of your German Shepherd.
- A healthy diet is essential for any dog but especially so for the German Shepherd breed because they require more calories than other breeds due to their size and energy level. A good rule of thumb is one cup per 25 pounds of body weight daily, divided into two meals (morning & evening). This will help keep your pup from becoming overweight or underweight over time!
- Grooming should happen at least once every two weeks or when necessary.
- You should brush their coat with a comb or brush before bathing them and afterward while their fur is still wet – this helps distribute natural oils evenly throughout the coat, which makes it softer and shinier.
- Bathing should only happen about once per month unless needed more often due to dirtiness or skin problems such as fleas or ticks present on the dog’s body. Bathing may need to be done more frequently until these issues are resolved and gone entirely away from the animal’s system.
- Brush their teeth regularly with toothpaste and water. This will help keep them healthy and prevent any bad breath.
German Shepherd Breeders Near Me
Finding the right German Shepherd breeder near you can be difficult. Here is a list of some famous places where you can find the perfect German Shepherd breeder who meets your needs. Have a look.
1. West Virginia
Business Name- German Shepherd K9s of West Virginia
Address- 346 W Main St, St Albans, WV 25177, United States
Contact Number- NA
Business Name- Long Coat German Shepherd
Address- 4028 Critton-Owl Hollow Road, Paw Paw, WV 25434, United States
Contact Number- +13049475480
Business Name- Stronghold German Shepherds
Address- 2035 Town Hill Rd, Wolcott, VT 05680, United States
Contact Number- +18028882662
Business Name- Vermont German Shepherds
Address- 2520 Eagle Hollow Rd, Corinth, VT 05039, United States
Contact Number- +18022914027
Business Name- German Shepherd Puppies For Sale – Working Line – Felder Haus German Shepherds
Address- 3927 Randolph Rd, Edmonton, KY 42129, United States
Contact Number- +12704327197
Business Name- Vom Zeder Haus German Shepherds KY
Address- 2171 Waddy Rd, Lawrenceburg, KY 40342, United States
Contact Number- +18654557799
Business Name- Skyland Malamutes
Address- 13125 Skyland Dr, Yukon, OK 73099, United States
Contact Number- +14056400635
Business Name- Red Rock K9
Address- 997 Silver Oaks Dr, Edmond, OK 73025, United States
Contact Number- +14059280835
Business Name- Von Merkley German Shepherds
Address- 3447 OR-39, Klamath Falls, OR 97603, United States
Contact Number- +15418918583
Business Name- Zimmerhoff German Shepherds
Address- 36500 SE Wildcat Mountain Dr, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, United States
Contact Number- +15036860217
If you’re looking for an active companion who will be happy to go on long walks with you every day, then this is the perfect breed for you! They are also very protective, so they make excellent watchdogs too. Plus, they have beautiful coats that come in many different colors, which means there’s one out there just suitable for your home decor style.